Friday, March 8, 2019

Experiences that have left us demoralized and demotivated

This famous quote by Corita Kent has become the philosophy of my life. A philosophy that has been imparted in me by long time of retain intercourse. A reckon through the change surfacets in life reveals that despite the terrific moments, there are too round worst flashes that are not worthy any memory. Experiences that acquit left us demoralized and demotivated.These events and experience are the most important in shaping our destinies. The road to success is paved with a rough path and penetrating bends. It is in negotiating these sharp coners that we are armed with the necessary skills to overcome future ch allenges. Life is a encyclopaedism experience and none of the events in life should be in vain no matter the consequences, each should be a learning opportunity.There is this particular experience that happened some(prenominal) years hazard in towering school that though it left me slightly disturbed, it went a long steering in creating an understanding closely so me of my classmates and also know that not all of us pursue the same goals and when we do, we dont conjoin the same pass. close to just want to ride on some other peoples back.This experience has helped me understand that we are different, not because of our scratch up colors or creed, exclusively because of our personalities. It has made me to be wary of some students even here in San Joaquin Delta College.Whereas study group are methods apply by instructors to impart leadership and team playing skills in students. Some students unfortunately see it as an opportunity to hide behind verse and ride on the perspire and hard work of others. I call one time we had been arbitrary allocated study groups by our grammar teacher. We were supposed to look at the history and the evolution of language. Specifically, we were to focus on Englishs language relationship with Latin.Most of us were not familiar with each other and our first meeting was fall ind towards socializing and exch anging contacts. We agreed on our register and by plan or default I was selected the group leader. I had n incessantly before been in any position of leadership even of such a trivial number. I had not envisaged the sort of challenges that I was to face, but I believed in myself.You see, I have been brought up in a family that believes in hard work and discipline as the bring out to success in life. Although I was born in Mexico, I have lived in Stockton California all my life and have seen the fruits of my hard work, as I dont have to work in college to turn over for my school fees. I hence have the whole day to dedicate to my studies.In this study group we had been allocated a task that was to be completed within a certain specific how invariably, there were these two male students, tom turkey and Harris that failed to turn up for any of the study group. Being the group leader, I took up the responsibility of calling them and urged them to turn up or else I would report to ou r instructor. They did not heed to my warning and I had to inform my teacher. They were infatuated off the groups list and had to redo the whole unit. They were not happy about these developments and confronted me one day after classes.I am not a coward but I am not brave either, but there was no way I could fail to stand up for what I believed to be right. I told them off and said I would do it again should we ever be in the same group in future.I could tell that they were uncivilised and spoiling for a fight as I could see Harris clutching his belt. I new then that it would get nasty. They were shouting at me and hurling all manner of racist remarks. However I stood my ground and a small crowd began to develop out of curiosity. Seeing that I would not back off, they went away promising to do all manner of nasty things should we ever meet.They did not get to do it as they were transferred from the school later in the week, however this incident has left me cautious of some of my classmates knowing that some of them can be leaches seeking to survive on other peoples sweat and expect to get away with it. This interaction has gone a leave in shaping my study relationships as school and I have to take time in choosing my study partners

No comments:

Post a Comment